Rachel Valliere

This blog is to keep up with my year teaching at Bingham Academy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. -RACHEL VALLIERE

Thursday, July 22, 2010

For Such a Time as This

So, I'm giving in to peer pressure and trying to start this dang blogging thing...

I have 10 days left in California before I move to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to be a PE teacher. For such a time as this, God has called me to serve the kids at Bingham Academy and people in Ethiopia. I am very excited and thankful for your prayers and support!

The inspiration for "For such a time as this" comes from the book of Esther where her uncle Mordecai is encourages her to speak up for the Jewish people. He exhorts Esther to take advantage of the position God has placed her in, "for such a time as this." -Esther 4:14.
I am encouraged that for such a time as this, God has called me to teach in Addis Ababa, and I want to make sacrifices for His Kingdom, just as Esther did.

No comments:

Post a Comment