Rachel Valliere

This blog is to keep up with my year teaching at Bingham Academy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. -RACHEL VALLIERE

Monday, November 28, 2011

July 1, 2011 - Race for the Blind and Breathe Conference

Dear Family and Friends,

Greetings from SWITZERLAND! It is beautiful here and a great blessing to serve many tired missionaries through massage! The conference I am at is called “Breathe. It is a privilege to be a part of the fellowship and witness the Lord’s work in providing spiritual and physical rest for missionaries from all over the world. I have given many massages and I had someone tell me the other day during a massage, “you have no idea how the Lord is ministering to me through you right now.” So thanks for your prayers for the conference.

Thank you also for your prayers as I have said my GOODBYES to students, friends and co-workers in Ethiopia. The last week especially was filled with emotion as I have fallen in love with the people, culture, food, language, city and my students. I had a sweet goodbye lunch with my Ethiopian Bible study and have signed many yearbooks. Graduation consisted of 12 graduates, from 9 nationalities, who are headed to 6 different countries for University!

Our RACE FOR THE BLIND was a fun success. We had numerous friends participate in the 5k run. The money has gone to support a home for kids from a blind school in Mekelle who have no place to go when they graduate; as well as the Hosanna House in Addis where I have been teaching English. As the girls knew our LAST DAY OF COMING TO TEACH was approaching, they gave up their lunch, put their money together and surprised us with the best going away party I have ever had. The night was filled with jokes, riddles, a coffee ceremony, popcorn, skits, an egg relay race, choreographed dances, injera/doro wat, cake, soda, crying, laughing, singing and praying together. It was so humbling. I will miss them!

So once again, my words and thanks do not express my THANKFULNESS for you in your financial and prayerful sacrifice this past year. God has worked in, and through me to other people in amazing ways, and one day in eternity we can all rejoice together. I have a heart for Ethiopia and for the hope of Jesus to be spread to the nations. So I do not know what the future holds but I am open to life oversees if that is where the Lord leads. Time will tell…

I look forward to seeing those of you in California soon!

Batom Ameseganachuahlow ina exahbeair yestaling!

Love,

Rachel

PRAISE AND PRAYER REQUESTS:

-Heartfelt goodbyes and the countless relationships and memories that were made this past year.

-The opportunity to serve at Bingham Academy this past year, as well as various ministries in the city, and witness the Lord’s grace and love

-Transition back to California and the search for a job, car, apartment, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment